What are the advantages of working with a dental practice that offers ozone therapy?
Ozone is a gas commonly used in dental practices with a focus on ozone therapy. In dentistry, it can play a vital role in achieving oral health and wellness. Many patients ask our team at Greenbelt Dental Health of Austin, Texas, what are the advantages of using ozone therapy in dentistry.
The benefits of combining ozone therapy into dental care for the teeth and gums
Ozone therapy is a therapeutic treatment used to enhance the health and well-being of teeth, gums, and other parts of the mouth. It may also be used in cosmetic dentistry to improve the look of teeth and gums. Ozone therapy has many advantages, including:
- Its ability to disinfect the mouth and reduce inflammation may help prevent cavities from forming or worsening and improve gum health.
- It can assist in whitening teeth by removing hard-to-remove surface stains caused by food, drinks, or smoking.
- It can potentially reduce pain and discomfort associated with gum disease and cavities. This is due to its natural anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce swelling and inflammation in the gums.
- It is a safe and painless procedure with minimal risk of side effects.
- It can reduce bad breath caused by the build-up of plaque and other bacteria in the mouth. Ozone helps disinfect and kill off any bacteria present in the mouth, reducing the chances of bad odor returning.
- Ozone therapy can also treat gum disease and other oral health issues. Ozone can help to reduce the build-up of plaque and bacteria, as well as reduce periodontal inflammation. This may help to reduce the symptoms of gum disease and improve overall oral health.
Learn more about ozone therapy in dentistry with our Austin, Texas, team!
Overall, integrating ozone therapy into your next appointment at Greenbelt Dental Health can be a great way to enhance your smile and keep your mouth healthy. It is both a safe and non-invasive procedure that can have many benefits for both your oral health and your overall well-being. If you are interested in learning more about ozone therapy, please get in touch with our office today to book an appointment at 1301 West 25th Street, Suite #402. Call (512) 472-3565 to reach our front desk team. Our team looks forward to helping you actively achieve the smile you’ve always wanted!